To Run Python in Emacs
- Install the ctypes package.
- Install the pyreadlines package. The binary installer worked well.
- Use C-c C-c to run the python code loaded in the current buffer
- Download the pychecker package
- Decompress it and go to the extracted folder in a Command Prompt
- In that folder, run the command python setup.py install
- Use C-c C-v to run the python code loaded in the current buffer with pychecker
- It seems that the debugger (pdb) is set up differently with Python 2.4.4 under Windows than other configurations. Consequently, Emacs' calls to pdb are all wrong.
- When the Python interpreter is loaded into Emacs, it appears to be in a text-only mode. Running programs with graphics does not seem to work.